Health Care Professionals
Help your patients quit smoking & get active
Most smokers want to quit. Run to quit offers a unique approach to smoking cessation that helps participants stay motivated as they build new skills and establish behaviours to maintain long-term health goals. Run to quit participants can reduce two key risk factors responsible for poor health: tobacco use and physical inactivity. Ready-made tools make it easy to promote Run to Quit.
How to tell your patients/clients about Run to Quit:
- Promote Run to Quit!
- Refer smokers to runtoquit.com to register and to get more information
- Place posters in your service areas
- Use e-mail templates or web banners to engage smokers and their friends/family/community/supports
- Share Run to Quit opportunities with other healthcare partners and service providers
- Get support from your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner for more ideas on how to make a bigger impact
- Encourage the Use of Walk or Run Clubs!
- By getting together with others for regular walking or running, participants can make optimal use of Run to Quit materials and resources
- Both smokers and non-smokers benefit from regular physical activity including increased social, physical and mental wellbeing
- Walking and running can help smokers cope with the cravings and discomfort of quitting
- Order Resources & Learn more:
- To order FREE resources or for more information email us at email@example.com.