Be a Walk or Run to Quit Community Champion and promote Walk or Run to Quit
Walk or Run to quit gives people the opportunity to obtain a smoke-free life. Bring your entire community, family and friends together by promoting Walk or Run to quit as a great way to get active and support people trying to quit smoking.
How to bring Walk or Run to Quit to your community?
- Spread the Word!
- Order the free materials and posters to promote Walk or Run to Quit
- Create buzz with media, local groups, forums and blogs that are popular in your community
- Place posters or tear-pads in community hot spots
- Get support from your Canadian Cancer Society contact for more ideas on how to spread the word and make a bigger impact
- Set up a Virtual Group Training Program for 10+ community members (friends, family, neighbours or any smoker) who want to Walk or Run to Quit.
- Get People Together for a Run or Walk Club!
- Organize a run or walk club for participants to make optimal use of the weekly Walk or Run to Quit curriculum
- Give people the opportunity for regular physical activity, social support and stress management
- Being with others makes physical activity easier and more fun!
- Order Resources & Learn more:
- To order FREE resources or for more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.